Feeling tired, shaky and headache. Urinalysis and blood test fine. How to get relief?

HI, For the past 2 to 3 months I have been tired alot, in just the last week I am extremely tired, I can sleep all day and it doesn't help, I am starving, all the time I can eat and eat and not get full, I have a headache most of the time, I'm slightly shaky at times, It seems to be getting worse. There is no way I can be pregnant as I am abstinent. Please let me know if you can help. I went to the doctor yesterday, they did a urinalysis and drew blood. The urinalysis turned out fine, waiting on the blood test results. But I'm going nuts stressing about it, just feel horrible, and it just gets worse.
Posted Mon, 23 Jul 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Hello and thanks for the query.
Excessive sleepiness can arise for several basic reasons: poor quality sleep, impaired brain wakefulness mechanisms, or both.

Most cases of excessive sleepiness arise from poor quality sleep due to breathing problems (SLEEP APNEA and UPPER AIRWAY RESISTANCE SYNDROME).

Impaired brain wakefulness mechanisms are relatively common and often result from abnormalities in brain chemicals (neurotransmitters) involved in maintaining alertness.
-These disorders of brain chemical abnormalities causing sleepiness begin most often before age thirty, although there are exceptions. 

However we should first exclude common medical reasons for excessive sleepiness like
Heartburn due to GERD
Musculoskeltal disorders like arthritis and fibromyalgia 
Certain heart conditions
Nocturia where you urinate frequently in night caused by various reasons like urinary tract infection
Breathing problems like nocturnal asthma.
Use of various medicines can result in sleep problems

Once medical causes are ruled out,one can get sleep studies done to look for sleep apnea.
Be in touch with your doctor and get all the required investigations done.
I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for a y further query.
Best of luck