Feeling tired, pain in back of neck and head. Noticed itchy rashes on hand. Symptoms of HIV?

HIV AIDS Specialist
I think I am a little bit tired, but I don't have a fever (or maybe low grade fever). I am feeling occasional mild pain at the back of my neck and back of my head which started 5 days ago.
- The first day feeling occasional mild pain in the left side of my neck(back of my neck and head) and
-The second day, the pain transfered to the right side of my neck (back of my neck) and back of my head.
-The 3rd an 4th feeling occasional mild pain (Like strained muscle) in the back of neck, head and near my ears.
- I should say that I can easily move my neck around, Also moving my neck never affect on the pain intensity that I feel
- last week I saw an itchy rash like a blister (it was strange for me) on my hand. I used cream (Exederm cream), which made it better, but after 2 days the rash returned and again I used that cream to improve it. now it is almost vanished.
- I don't have any other symptoms
Posted Mon, 18 Mar 2013 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 5 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX

You had a protected sex three and half months back. If your condom was intact throughout the act, your chances of getting HIV is almost nil.

Moreover neck pain is not the type of earlier symptoms in HIV and not a symptom in any other STDs. So it is not related to HIV or STDs. Single blister over your hand also not likely due to STD.

Even though there is no chance for HIV, it is better to repeat the test once again as the test is more conclusive after 3 months.

You will be more relaxed to see a negative result once again. Consult your physician for your neck pain and have the investigations with X rays and CT Scan and get well soon.
Follow-up: Feeling tired, pain in back of neck and head. Noticed itchy rashes on hand. Symptoms of HIV? 6 days later
1. I visited a physician 5 days ago, he said that might be a virus and I should not be worry, he also prescribed naprosyn tablet for me to take it for 1 week. He also prescribed Triamcinolone cream for the rash on my hand. but he refused to order HIV test. I am still feeling less pain in my neck.

2. I have been feeling discomfort in my groin area since 5 days ago (dully pain that comes and goes). Now today, when I touched the right side of my neck I feel a small swollen lymph node, which is not painful.

I don't have fever or any other symptoms, but I am an anxious. Could you pleas guide me in this regard?
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 16 hours later

Welcome back

Your neck pain and on and off pain in your groin may not necessarily be due to HIV at all. That are not common in HIV. Lymph node enlargement on one side of the neck also not necessarily due to HIV. It may manifest in many many conditions like sore throat, louse infection, furuncles over scalp or ear, Tuberculosis etc.

Your physician will take care of these problems. If your physician does not like to order for HIV, then he must have some valid reason. So it is better for you to follow the advice of your physician and you will become alright.
You need not worry about HIV.

Dr S.Murugan
Follow-up: Feeling tired, pain in back of neck and head. Noticed itchy rashes on hand. Symptoms of HIV? 40 hours later

Yesterday, I took another test ( which is 3 months and 25 days after the exposure) which came negative. Do you think it is fairly conclusive?
Also I should mention that I took a CBC test which came back normal

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 8 hours later

Welcome back.

HIV test done after 3 months is almost and absolutely conclusive and you can simply forget about the past.
CBC is also normal and expected to be so.
You are absolutely safe and congratulations.

Good luck to you.
Dr S.Murugan