Feeling tired, pain behind breast bone and arm. Underlying cause and treatment?

I have been having pains in my right arm, hand and under my arm pit for the last two months. Sometimes the aching is so bad it refrains me from doing any of my regular routines around the house. It also makes me very tired. Sometimes I also feel an aching feeling behind my breast bone.
Posted Sat, 18 May 2013 in Lupus
Answered by Dr. Divya Agarwal 10 hours later

This seems like an overuse injury, probably around the shoulder of your right arm.
You should engage in physiotherapy exercises for your right shoulder and also get physo done for your arm in the form of IFT or TENS.
Apart from that you should be on supplements for calcium and vitamin d.
At least 1000 iu per day.
You can use over the counter analgesics like paracetamol SOS for pain and use pain gels like diclofenac.
I think this should help.
Follow-up: Feeling tired, pain behind breast bone and arm. Underlying cause and treatment? 6 hours later
you dont think this would be due to breast cancer? i do feel a knot on my back side of o f XXXXXXX neck. i also woke up this morning with an achy back in between the shoulder blades.
Answered by Dr. Divya Agarwal 2 hours later
These aren't usually the signs of cancer, however it is anyways recommended to have a mammography done as a screening measure.