Feeling tired, muscle weakness, getting fever, night sweats and headache. What cure should be done?

High pulse rate. I'm 171 lbs and 5'11". My normal resting is 70 but the past few days it's steady at 95-100. I was on a prednisone program for sudden hearing loss in my left ear that ended a week ago that went like this; 120mg for 2 wks, (the pharmacy made a mistake, it should have been 60mg), 60mg for another 2 wks, 40mg for 2 days, 20mg for 2 days, 10 mg for 4 days. I'm running a slight increase in temp at 100.6, sweating at night in bed, and a headache/eyeache that will not go away. I'm quite tired with some muscle weakness. Today I started taking Coricdin HP, 300 mg. as I'm dealing with some allergy issues and maybe it will help the headache. I take Accupril 20mg and my BP has remained normal throughout. How long can I expect this to contnue and is related to the production of cortisol?
Posted Sat, 24 Nov 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Pravin Banodkar 6 hours later
Thanks for the question posted.
Since at your age you are getting fever night sweats headache you should definitely get it investigated.
It can occur due to HPA axis suppression , infection like tuberculosis and malignancy.
Please do visit a physician to rule out the above.
MOSTLY it is secondary to HPA axis suppression which occurs due to corticosteroid intake.
It will need treatment.
Thanks and take care.