Feeling tired, lethargic. light headed, out of breath and lump in neck. What are potential causes?

Jan 2013

For about a year I have been feeling constantly tired and lethargic. I don't have any energy in the evenings and this is starting to affect my social life. I go to bed early but feel like I've only slept a few hours the next morning. I also often feel light-headed, out of breath and unable to focus. I am also often moody and irritable and have had more bowel issues than before. Finally, but maybe this is unrelated, I felt a small soft-ish lump on the right side, at the middle to bottom of my neck. What are potential causes?
Posted Fri, 17 Aug 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 27 minutes later
Soft lump in neck and presence of fatigue, lethargic and weakness suggest lump may be originating from thyroid gland.
You should go consult with physician and get your Thyroid function test.
Thyroid disorders may cause all your described symptoms.
You should also go for blood sugar, complete blood count, serum sodium, potassium, calcium level
If this is found to be normal then these symptoms (mood alteration, irritability, altered bowel movements) may be due to anxiety with depression then you should consult with psychiatrist.
Let me know your query if you have.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava