Feeling tired, leg pain at night and numbness in leg after ejaculation. What is the disease?

Nov 2013

Hi my boyfriend is 38 and 6ft. For many many years he has had very painful legs, especially at night where he says he needs to click them to get relief. I haven't known him for more than two years but he has put up with pain for fear of going to doctor. I have said well maybe it's restless legs. One thing we have found is that when he ejaculates it actually makes his legs go numb and he gets enough relief to go to sleep! I can't underestimate the pain his legs give him as he just isn't a complainer. He is also very very tired lately. Can you help
Posted Fri, 15 Feb 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 3 hours later

Thank you for posting your query.

And I wish to congratulate you regarding a very accurate diagnosis!

Your boy friend's symptoms are indeed suggestive of good medications available for treating RLS, such as dopamine agonists (pramipexole, ropinirole) and pregabakin.

You should take him to a neurologist.

Ejaculation does help in relieving the symptoms of RLS. Several of my patients have shared this with me.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist