Feeling tired in the morning. Had constipation. Have gas. Concerned?

General Surgeon
Hi, thanks for offering to write to you my problems. It's embarrassing but you are the doctor.
I go to the toilet to do the 2-d things very often, especially in the morning. I'm tired of these. I'm 74 years old woman. My weight is 125lb.
For breakfast I eat kefir, made every day by myself with a special living bacteria from 1%milk with 1teaspoon wheat germ, 1 teaspoon natural wheat XXXXXXX 1/2 tsp of cinnamon, 1/2 tsp of grated rosehip, 1tbsp of grated flax seeds plus any berries what i have at home for a about 10 years, because before it I had a constipated stomach. I also have gas during the day. The stool is very rear formed good, but very often looks like many thin ones.
Thank you for your concern.
Posted Mon, 30 Sep 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Chronic bacterial infection.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for the query.

Your symptoms can be caused by chronic bacterial infection (what is most probable). However as you are over the age of 50, colon cancer needs to be ruled out. Its because the risk of this cancer significantly rises over 50. Loose or irregular stools can be a symptom of this condition. Other possible symptoms are weight loss, blood in stool, nausea, abdominal pain.

I suggest you to visit gastroenterologist with your problem (there is nothing embarrassing in it). Blood work, urine analysis, liver tests, amylase and stool tests should be done at first. Colonoscopy is necessary as well.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.