Feeling tired, hurting lung and developed mild headache. Could this be a mild viral pneumonia?

I am a healthy, active 53 year old female...until about three days ago when my lungs started hurting, I became tired, and I developed a mild headache. I haven't gotten worse, or better in these last three days. No coughing. No fever. Nothing terrible heppening, I'm just not my normally energetic, healthful self. Could this be a mild viral pneumonia? Should I just rest a bit?
Posted Tue, 30 Oct 2012 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 2 hours later
Thanks for writing in to Healthcare Magic!
You are having a headache and hurting sensation in lungs along with a sense of being generally unwell, these features are suggestive of pneumonia unless proven otherwise because pneumonia is a serious possibility and starting treatment early makes significant difference in the ultimate duration of hospitalisation and survival.
I agree that viral infections are a close probability but important issues must be handled first.
Please visit a physician of your locality as soon as possible and get evaluated at least a chest Xray must be done.
If you have any further query please let me know I would try to answer it for you.
Wish you a great health!