Feeling tired, having pain in knee joint and shoulder joint. Any solution?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
For my spouse she has a pain in knee joints and shoulder joints regularly
I feel exhausted and feeling tired in the evening hours .
Posted Thu, 21 Mar 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 26 hours later

Knee and shoulder joint pain may occur from numerous causes such as osteoarthritis, injury, repetitive movement or strain on the joint, and poor posture.

Cartilage loss in knees, one of the hallmarks of osteoarthritis, is associated with low levels of vitamin D. So if she is struggling with joint pain due to osteoarthritis, get yher vitamin D levels tested, then optimize them using safe sun exposure or indoor tanning on a safe tanning bed. If neither of these options are available, supplementation with vitamin D3 can be considered.

If Your spouse has Joint Pain, Exercise is a Must. Doing regular knee and shoulder stretching and strengthening exersice under guidence of physical therapist is very beneficial. I advice for swimming and mild arobics exercises. these help a lot in joint pains.

She can apply diclofenac gel on the affected area. Warm compresses will also help.

Hope this will help you. Please do write back if you have any additional concerns.

Wishing you good health...
Dr Saurabh Gupta.
Orthopaedic Surgeon.