Feeling tired, dizzy and shortness of breathe. Have ear injury and vertigo. What cure should be taken?

My husband periodically gets dizzy and suddenly feels really his legs weigh a ton and feels like it is hard to breathe. Last night he broke out in a cold sweat. But the dizziness passes ...and he goes to the gym 5 times a weak- does strenuous routine and feels fine. He does have an inner ear injury and has had vertigo but never with the weakness and shortness of breath.
Posted Sun, 21 Oct 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 1 hour later
Hello and thank you for sending your question.

This is a very good question now I will do my best to provide you with some information and recommendations.

My main concern is that he may be suffering intermittent abnormal heart rates which are causing his symptoms. This is something that can only really be diagnosed from wearing a monitor for 24 hours or so.

Sometimes if the heart flips into and a regular rhythm it can cause significant shortness of breath as well as inability to perform even minor tasks. Sometimes chest pain may occur.

I suspect some type of cardiovascular issue which is causing his problem. I would suggest that you talk about this with your doctor and your doctor may consider prescribing a monitor for him to wear for a day or two.

Thank you again for sending your question. Please let me know if you have any additional concerns regarding this matter.

Dr Robert