Feeling tired and want to sleep all the time. What are the risks?

Nephrologist
Question
I AM OK BUT IN THE LAST 3 WEEKS I AM VERY TIRED AND WANT TO SLEEP ALL THE TIME
Posted Tue, 7 Aug 2012 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 1 hour later
Hello

Thanks for the query

I would like to know more about your present situation in order to come to a better conclusion

1. Are you on any medications currently? Please give me the list of them
2. Is there any change in your current routine activities like sleeping, eating, exercise,etc
3. Did you suffer from fever recently or any upper respiratory tract infection?
4. Are you stressed for any reason lately?

Please get back to me, I am awaiting your reply.

Follow-up: Feeling tired and want to sleep all the time. What are the risks? 22 minutes later
I am drinking HORMOMS, ANGELIC, CIPRALEX DOR DEPRESON, CLONEX RELAX ACTONEL OSTEOPENIA AND SOME TIMES ATIVAN AND SOME THING FOR THE CONSTIPATION
no fever, yes stress yes i can do my activitys but i am tired

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 6 hours later
Hello

Thanks for replying with the medications

After going through the list I see that you are taking Ativan and clonex both of which are from the same group called benzodiazapines. Both these medicines cause excessive sleepiness. I advice you to re check with your doctor to dose adjust these medicines to help you reduce the sleepiness.
Cipralex can also cause drowsiness and sleepiness. Please XXXXXXX your doctor as soon as possible to re prescribe your medications.

I hope I have answered your query, if you have no further ones please accept my answer

I wish you good health

Follow-up: Feeling tired and want to sleep all the time. What are the risks? 25 minutes later
sorry , but I ask you what is CMV IgG positive and why is now bigger than 250 AU/ML
WHAT IT MEANS WHAT DOES THIS AFFECT, THANKS

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 12 minutes later
Hello

If your serum IgG is positive for CMV means that you had got the infection of cytomegalo virus long time back and that you have developed long term protection towards it. Titres less than 400 au/ml is considered normal so there is nothing to worry, I advice you to get yourself checked for CMV IgM to know if you are suffering from an acute infection of CMV

I hope I have answered your query, please accept my answer if you have no further ones

I wish you good health