Feeling tired and pain in leg. Have pulling sensation in legs. How to get relief?

My wife frequently complains of tiredness and leg pain. Sometimes her becomes bit warm and will have a pulling sensation in her legs. Can you please help with this ?
Posted Mon, 20 Aug 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Rajeev Chavda 49 minutes later
Thanks for using the XXXXXXX I am happy to address your question, sensation in legs with associated pain or muscle pull may have many medical conditions that can also be associated with fatigue. Determining which of these conditions may be causing the dual symptoms requires a thorough understanding of patient history, what brings symptoms on, what improves them and what other symptoms are present. Putting all of this information together requires consultation with a physician, but it maybe helpful to understand some of the possible causes like circulatory concerns like peripheral artery disease or other could be fibromyalgia symptoms closely associated with increased pain perception and chronic fatigue syndrome symptoms more with fatigue and flu-like complaints. These may also be related to anxiety/stress, caffeine, and often occur after recent strenuous activity or muscle over-use. It is important in such cases to reduce stress/anxiety levels and to reduce caffeine intake. When it is present but not particularly bothersome or disabling, treatment is not necessary. Minimizing caffeine and stress, and treating anxiety if it is present, will improve your symptoms. In general, when fasciculations occur in the setting of associated symptoms such as progressive loss of sensation, tingling or numbness, weakness, trouble swallowing and other symptoms, the cause may be due to a peripheral nervous system problem. If it is bothersome, I suggest you follow up with your primary doctor or a neurologist. Further evaluation may include a study called EMG/NCS, which can assess how the nerves conduct electricity and how muscles respond, to assess for neuropathy and for other causes. Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions, I hope you find the information I have provided useful. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help. Thanks