Feeling tired and low BP. Having dizziness and sinus issues. What to do?

I am 67 and exercise 5 days a week. I do three spin classes and two boot camps. I am 5' 9" and weigh 110 pounds.
I eat healthy and am very active. I often get tired early afternoon. My blood pressure has always been low. I don't take
any medications. I have regular checkups but am wondering if I should be getting this tired in the afternoon. It passes
if I have a cup of coffee and a snack. I eat a very good breakfast, early dinner and almost no or little lunch. I do experience a little dizziness if I get up to quickly. I do have some sinus issues. I just don't like feeling tired.
Posted Fri, 26 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 12 hours later

Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX

The dizziness that you are experiencing may be due to the low blood pressure you have had. I will still recommend that you get some blood tests done to rule out common causes of fatigue and dizziness like blood glucose, serum electrolytes, complete blood count, sgot, sgpt, serum bilirubin, serum creatinine, blood urea nitrogen, thyroid profile, lipid profile, etc.

Usually with age some normal changes happen in sleep pattern. It results in the person not getting deep and refreshing sleep during night. As a result the person tends to take unintentional naps during day. Which reduces the person's ability to sleep through the night. As I said these are normal changes, there is nothing much to worry about it. It is good to avoid naps during day, so that you are better able to sleep through the night.

Regarding diet, you should have 3 proper meals and 3 small snacks in a day. Avoiding lunch can result in low blood sugars during the afternoon, which can also be a cause of your symptoms.

Let me know if you have any further doubts. I will be glad to clarify.

Dr Vaishalee