Feeling tired and joint pain. Have raised esr and crp level. Looking for suggestion

Orthopaedic Surgeon
For 4wks I've been really tired had painful joints, mainly knee n my bloods apparently are not normal. MCV 102.0 ESR16, CRP1.40 and XXXXXXX 1:160
Posted Tue, 26 Feb 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
The symptoms that you have with raised ESR, CRP and a positive XXXXXXX are likely to be due to rheumatoid arthritis, lupus or an autoimmune disorder.
Arthritis requires expert care with various disease modifying drugs (Imunomodulators). You can start these drugs after discussing with your rheumatologist.

I would like to give some diet tips which might be helpful to get rid of these pain. Often the elimination of certain foods such as the following will help greatly:

Dairy products, with the exception of plain yogurt with active culture
Citrus, with the exception of lemon and grapefruit
Meat including beef, pork, and lamb (other sources of protein such as chicken, fish and beans are less likely to promote inflammation)
Vegetable oils (continue using olive oil and the essential fatty acids flax seed, sesame, pumpkin, sunflower oils)

I would also like to give some advice to make the life better and to fight with these pains-

Do regular physiotherapy of joints.
Hot fomentation to decrease the joint stiffness.
Hot bath of Epsom salts (magnesium sulphate)-Magnesium has both anti-inflammatory and anti- arthritic properties and it can be absorbed through the skin.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.