Feeling tired and have lump on armpit. What should I do?

General Surgeon
i am feeling tired all the time and have a bruise and a large lumpy mass in my left armpit
Posted Sun, 2 Dec 2012 in Lymphoma
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 2 hours later

Thank you for the query.

Armpit is a place where are lymph nodes located. That is why every lumpy mass in this area needs to be checked and diseases like metastases should be ruled out. Such lump can be a cancer of this area, breast cancer (males can have such cancer as well), or it can be some kind of abscess. If this lump is painful and the arm is swollen it might be an abscess.
It is advisable for you to have ultrasound of this area as well as full blood work.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.