Feeling tired and dizzy through out the day. Taking proper diet. Why am I getting these feelings?

i feel very tired like ive been drugged and dizzy feeling through out the day i eat and drink well i cant understand it?
Posted Tue, 28 Aug 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 5 hours later

Feeling of fatigue and dizziness usually occurs in two extreme conditions.

One would be lack of exercise and the other low energy level.

Lack of exercise causes decreased circulation in the muscles and waste metabolites to accumulate in the muscles which causes disturbances in muscle contraction.

Low energy levels could be due to altered diet or food timings, indigestion , low basal metabolic rate (which is dependent on exercise).

Since there are no system specific symptoms , there would be no need to worry.I do suggest to increase your exercise time and consume energy drinks frequently.Do cut on fat foods for few days.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.
Follow-up: Feeling tired and dizzy through out the day. Taking proper diet. Why am I getting these feelings? 10 hours later
Thank you for the reply . I should of mentioned Im a very active person and eat regularly too so I don't think it would be due to those things. Also I have had bronciactisis for ten years I also was told I have ruematic arthiritis a year ago which I'm not getting symptoms from at present I had very sore and swollen joints about a year ago after I'd given birth to my third child. Would this give me symptoms even though it's not presently active?
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 13 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

Yes, but rarely do the conditions mentioned above can present with prolonged fatigue.

Specially Rheumatic arthritis is a chronic inflammatory disease where the autoantibodies circulate in the blood all the time and could present with mild persisting inflammation.

I suggest you to once get examined by your treating doctor so as to pick any signs of inflammation.If the fact is proved then planning the management would be easy.

Hope I cleared your doubts.