Feeling tired after taking zoloft. Should I still continue this medication?

Dec 2014

Long time no talk to. I hope you are still around. I have been doing somewhat better and have continued this zoloft for almost six months. I would love to get off of it. My rumination a and conversations are better but not completely gone. I am nervous to come off the medication as things are a little better but not free of the thoughts at all. Do you think I should stay on it? It makes me tired and perhaps things faded on their own and the medication isn't helping at all. I have no idea. How can I tell if it's the medication helping or just a natural improvement. I a. Nervous to quit because I don't want to go back to how I was before.
Posted Sun, 17 Nov 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to XXXXXXX

You are taking Zoloft or Sertaline for last six months and have reported improvement in rumination but still some symptoms are left. I would like to know a little more details about your symptoms and about your problem in detail in follow up question so that I can comment with better picture.

Still I would like to tell you that any anxiety episode warrant treatment for at least 6-12 months and in some cases treatment for longer durations is needed. As there are still some symptoms left so I would advise you to continue to take Zoloft for at least 3 more months and if you remain symptom free for that period then you can gradually taper the doses of drug.

Hope this helps you.