Feeling tired. Taking proper diet. Started losing weight, feeling fatigued. How to increase the energy?

Hi, I have been feeling very tired with no apparent cause. I have recently taken a vegetarian diet, keeping dairy products, eating a lot of nuts and fruit, vegetables and trying to keep usual eating habits minus the meat. However, the change has come with noticeable weight loss in the last month, even though I have no intention to lose weight. I experience regular fatigue regardless of diet though. Also, upon standing I have become light headed and lose vision a lot more frequently, although the problem has been regular for me for years now and doesn't concern me. I believe my diet is good, but how can I boost my energy and avoid feeling tired? I will be taking a trip this week and need to have a lot of energy for it. Thanks so much for your time.
Posted Fri, 20 Jul 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rajeev Chavda 19 minutes later
Thanks for writing in.
To boost your energy levels, various multivitamin preparations which are a comprehensive mixture of vitamins, minerals with ginseng can be taken. Ginseng is a herbal extract, normally used to added energy and well being. Its mixture rejuvenates and strengthens body organs and helps maintain excellent health. The dosage of necessary nutrients including vitamins A, B -complex, C, D and E, minerals and other trace elements cover the everyday requirements of a person. With the help of ginseng, vitamins and minerals, it will increase the utilization of oxygen in your body to the normal levels. As a result, you won't experience the condition that is typical to tiredness, weakness and fatigue. Ginseng has been actively researched in various parts of the world where it is taken as food supplement for improving the vitality of systems in the body.
Also, after your trip I would suggest that a complete blood count be done for you to rule out anemia. This is an easily treatable condition which can typically result in the symptoms you have described. It occurs due to deficiency of iron and folic acid. Very often, people who switch to vegetarianism will lose some weight as the chicken and other non vegetarian items we consume are cooked in lots of oil.
Let me know if I can address any more concerns.