Feeling tired. Taking levoxyin 50mg for high TSH levels. What precautions should I take?

I just had a physical and had a TSH reading of 69 something. The Doc was alarmed and put me on Levoxyin 50mg daily. I have been going about my normal life (2 hour commute 10 hour day and significant time spent renovating a house when I get home and at weekend, 2 children under 6). I'm a 43 year old male who has been reasonably fit all my life. I do feel tired and was under the weather (which is what prompted the doc visit). What should I be doing - resting? carrying on as normal (strenuous period coming up with a house move etc)? or working out more? I know TSH of 70 is bad but don't know how I should be behaving to help my body get better.
Posted Fri, 31 Aug 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 7 hours later

Thanks for the query

Unlike diabetes and hypertension hypothyroidism does not arise due to habits or lifestyle, it is strictly familial.
I am happy you got yourself a physical which detected hypothyroidism.
If you are not over weight and you are leading a healthy life then no lifestyle modification needs to be done. However untreated hypothyroidism often leads to weight gain and lethargy so for them we advice cardio exercises like running, swimming, etc

Continue living a normal life, no diet modification needs to be done if you are not over weight. Please take the prescribed thyroid medication

I hope I have answered your query, if you have any further queries please get back to me