Ask a Urologist   »  

Feeling tired. Could I take flomax?

Critical Care Specialist
Can I take flomax e very other day, I seem to be tired when I take
Posted Wed, 13 Nov 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Sadiq Mughal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It should be taken once a day every day..

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXX

Flomax is tamsulosin belongs to group of drugs called alpha adrenergic blockers. It relaxes the muscles in prostate and bladder neck making it easier to urinate.

For better results it should be taken every day approximately 30 minutes after a meal. Preferably this medicine should be taken same time of day.

Mild dizziness, weakness and headache are some of its side effects. These side effects are due to decrease in blood pressure. If the tiredness is troubling you, discuss with your treating doctor to change the dose of medication.

Hope this answers your question.
If you have any more questions, write to me I am readily available to answers your questions.

Take care and Regards.

Dr Sadiq