Feeling tingling in face, cheek, lower jaw and tongue. Any ideas?

Neurologist, Surgical
i have tingling in the left side of my face, cheek, lower left jaw and left side of the tongue. I have had a cat scan, mri all negative. Any ideas of what may be causing this. YYYY@YYYY

Posted Wed, 14 Nov 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Vineet Saggar 4 hours later
Dear Friend,

In old patients this could be a sign of TIA or pre stroke but if you don’t have any risk factors such as raised BP (Blood Pressure) or diabetes or raised cholesterol, this could also be due to decreased calcium levels kindly get serum calcium levels checked.

Do let me know if you have more concerns.

Regards Dr XXXXXXX