Feeling thirsty, frequent urination, very bloated and stomach cramps. Got periods. Chances of pregnancy?

For three weeks now I have thought I was pregnant. We already have one child but I came in my period today. My symptoms are irritability, very thirsty, frequent urination, very bloated but no gain of weight even though I have an increase of hunger, stomach cramps
Posted Sun, 7 Oct 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Sumitra Kumar Mukherjee 4 hours later

The first thing I suggest you should see your doctor to be checked for diabetes. You have got triple features ie Polyuria(frequent urination) poly Dypsia (Thurst) and increase appitite these are the signs of diabetes until proven otherwise. You should have tests for bood sugar and full blood count for diabetes and infection, urine for sugar and culture and sensitivity for Diabeties and Infection. If there is suspicion of diabeties you will have special test done like glucose tolarence test.
If on the other hand you are not diabetic we will consider other probabilities like Urinary infection, missed period.
Kindest regards
Dr. S.K.Mukherjee