Feeling tenderness in breasts after using proscar. Have pace maker and cholcler implant. Suggest

Jul 2016

using proscar foe over 3 years- and recentley i am getting a little tenderness in left breast - iam 87 have pace maker and cholcler implant - can i cut down on proscar say 3 times a week or stop iyt completley- is been a good drug for me and i also tale the over counter sawento twice a day'- any good suggestions = XXXXXXX
Posted Mon, 10 Jun 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have been taking Proscar since last 3 years,This drug that belongs to 5 alpha reductase inhibitors prescribed for benign enlargement of prostate.

You are getting tenderness in your breast since very recently.

This drug is known to have side effect of developing cancer or lump in the breast .

Please consult qualified Urologist for clinical assessment.
If needed you can discontinue taking the drug and start taking alternate medication available for treatment of enlarged Prostate.

Hope I have answered your query.
Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.
Thanks with Regards.