Feeling tender and painful in lower side. Suffer insomnia. What could be the cause?

lower left side has been tender and painful if I press on it
I was going to just sleep on it, but what do you recommend for this?
if gas can cause these symptoms, ok
insomnia almost all week

can gas cause this local painful tanderness
Posted Mon, 26 Aug 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 54 minutes later
Dear Madam ,

Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Well looking into your problem , I will like to tell you that it will be difficult to pin point a diagnosis by this history still we can discuss the possibilities.

Since you suffer from sjogrens syndrome there can be AVN of hip if you are taking steroids . But you havent provided the treatment details you are on . There is a possibily of renal stones in theses diseases so a USG Abdomen is needed to rule them out .

Problems of acidity and gas formation generaly cause bloating and pain in upper abdomen (epigastrium) generally and localised pain is very rare .

Consult an expert rheumatologist for this problem and get routine invesigations done for the evaluation of primary disease as well . A physical examination to elicit the exact point of tenderness is essential so that the cause can be localised as from where the pain is arising .

Hope it suffices.

Wish you good health.

Dr. Shruti
Follow-up: Feeling tender and painful in lower side. Suffer insomnia. What could be the cause? 16 minutes later
If it persists, I shall see my doctor tomorrow. Thank you for you help. XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 2 minutes later

If you have any queries let me know.

Dr. Shruti