Feeling tasteless, burning in face and nose and pain in temple. Took medicine. Any suggestion?
User rating for this question
Posted Fri, 24 Aug 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar 1 hour later
Thanks for the query
After going through the brief history, I do feel that you are suffering atrophic rhinitis.
Atrophic rhinitis is a condition of the nose characterized by progressive atrophy (shrinking) of the nasal mucosa along with the underlying bones of turbinates. Following which, there is dryness of the nose, irritation, loss of smell/taste due to damage to the nerves in the olfactory area of the nose, foul smell from the nose with or without headache.
This is usually noticed in those individuals having endocrine imbalance, nutritional deficiencies, chronic sinusitis and undergone excessive nasal surgery causing destruction of the nasal mucosa and the turbinates.
Therapy is directed at keeping the nasal mucosa moist and help in rejuvenation of the nasal mucosa. You need to use saline nasal spray and liquid paraffin to keep the nasal mucosa moist. Drink plenty of water and take fresh fruits and vegetables. Avoid smoking, coffee or alcohol if any. With these above measures you should have some relief.
Hope I have answered your query; I will be available for the further queries.
Dr. Naveen Kumar N.
ENT and Head & Neck Surgeon
People also viewed
- Suggest medicine for leg pain
- Facing problem of gastric and back pain suggest medicine
- Wear glasses throbbing behind ears
- Weird discharge halfway through pill cycle
- Penisball pain suggest medicine
- Enbrel and sinus infections
- Pain in the left arm took medicines no relief suggestions
- Suggest medicines for back pain
- Weight gain and blood in urine
- Exercises for vertigo problems
- Vomit due to pitham
- Excessive secretions icd 9
- Sinus pressure facial pain
- Watery light diarrhea blood
- Ofloxacin eye drops in-ear