Feeling suicidal. Took overdose of diazapam, tamazapam, paracetimal and codeine. What are the risks?

Im feeling a bit suicidal - i took an overdose of paracetimal and codeine last week and it didn't work. I have spoken to access and assessment team who said i can phone back if I need to.
I have 12 diazapam, 6 tamazapam, 14 omeprozole and 23 paracetimal and codeine - it's all i have as my meds are only given to me a couple of days at a time. ihave stored these up from a while ago. will it work?
Posted Thu, 16 Aug 2012 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan 6 hours later
Hi there,

Please visit your physician or psychiatrist as soon as possible if you are feeling suicidal. He/ She will definitely be able to help by treating you(counselling and medication) .

Please think of your family and friends,how devastated they would be in you are not there in their life. Pick up the phone and talk to a person you are close to. Tell them about your feelings about being suicidal. Sometimes , all you need is just for a person to listen to what you have got to say. And , you see, there are lot of ways of coping with stress like yoga. Maybe , you should sign up for yoga/ relaxation/ meditation classes.

Try to love your life. I'm sure there are a lot of people who truly love you.

Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan
Follow-up: Feeling suicidal. Took overdose of diazapam, tamazapam, paracetimal and codeine. What are the risks? 7 hours later
I don't have anyone to talk to - my family don't understand and think that I shouldn't be on any medication and they think that I should pull myself together and sort it out. I don't have any close friends to talk to either, as I have withdrawn from social situations and this has left me distant from friends.

I don't feel as though I have any choice - I can't sign up for a class as I am terrified of social situations and feel that everyone is staring and laughing at me.

I have written to this site as it seeems like the last resort - i don't want to waste anyones time so i haven't contacted my gp.
Answered by Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan 3 hours later
The best person to talk to is a psychologist; because I really feel you will do a lot better with counselling .

Maybe you've been hurt by someone, or have low self-esteem.Why else would you think everyone is staring ang laughing at you. Besides ,people are too busy and caught up in their own problems .

Walk with your head held high and love yourself.