Feeling strange sensation on tonsils and pressure in throat. Noticed white patch in mouth. Concerned

Jan 2013

Hello. One of my tonsils has been feeling a bit strange lately. I dont know if it is just all in my head or what.. my left one is bigger then my right one.. almost feels like i have something in my throat at times. sometimes i feel like i have pressure in my throat..its a weird feelings . its it is not intolerable just different.. or i feel pressure on my tonsil which radiates to my ear. My throat is not in pain. I do have bad allergies last year my throat got badly infected due to allergies and i got put on antibiotics. so im not sure if this is all linked to allergies or something worse. I keep reading on line and everything says Cancer Cancer... so I am kind of afraid. I am 27 years old. and smoke.. I have now quit going on 5 days.. I dont cough up any blood nor anything like that. but my sinuses also do act up.. eyes get itchy alot. and I am extremly tired alot lately.and I noticed a small white patch that is painless in my mouth in the back right above my gum line looks like XXXXXXX white bumps in a patch.. Any idea please help... I do not have medical insurance .. so any advice would be great. Thank you so much.
Posted Tue, 21 Aug 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 1 hour later
Your all symptoms suggest Acute tonsillitis, causing pain during swallowing. Blockade of Eustachian tube (a tube connecting pharynx with middle ear) is causing pressure sense in right ear.
There is least chances of cancer.
White patch in oral cavity may be Oral thrush caused by candida albicans fungus.
You should consult with physician/ ENT surgeon.
Put your query if you have.
Best regards,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava