Feeling stomach ache, bloated and bleeding. CAT scan showed infection in large intestine. What to do?

Jan 2013

I was having bad stomache pain upper right quadrant, bloated and bleeding. Dr did cat scan and found that I had infection in several spots in my large intestine and didnt find any hemmroids so I had to take cipro flagyl n zofran lortab for pain and go have a colonoscopy. The colonoscopy only showed XXXXXXX hemmoroids.that was in april but now I am bloated again having pain same place and bleeding when having a bm which is diarrhea but it looks like mucus..I am not sure what to do I dont want to overreact if this is normal..HELP!!!
Posted Wed, 22 Aug 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 1 hour later

Your colonoscopy is almost normal except XXXXXXX hemorrhoids and doesn't satisfy your abdominal problems.

You may have Gastric problems or acute gastroenteritis involving your small intestine.

You should consult with your treating physician about these possibilities. Your physician has advised few antibiotics, you should first complete the antibiotics course and if your condition is not improved then you should go for UGI endosocpy.

In right upper quadrant, a part of small intestine is present and any ulcer in this region may cause pain and bleeding.

Although possibility of infection is first in your case.

Put your query if you have.

Best regards,

Dr. Mayank Bhargava