Ask a Urologist   »  

Feeling sore on penis head and foreskin. Not cured by medicine. Any effective cure

Jul 2016

Have sore on inside of foreskin and smaller one on head of penis. Have lasted now for nearly five months. Will seem to be healing and then will come back. Very painfully. Occasionally will go all the way to an open blister with a small drop of moisture coming out, then heal again. As have had yeast infections in past, treated it as such at start. Refused to heal. Dr suspected herpes, although I have not been in a position to be exposed to herpes in 30 years. 30 days on Milan-valacyciovir has made NO change at all. daily use of Calmoseptine cream, during last 40 days, seems to control pain-and prevent new sores from forming, however does nothing too cure existing sores which continue to contract and expand at their whim?
Posted Sun, 10 Feb 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 8 hours later

The problem that you have concerned now is what is called as Chronic Balano Posthatitis, which has been embarrassing you over a period of years .
In view of the chronic nature and repeated episodes of infection, I would advise you to get circumcised .This is a very small day care surgery carried out under local anaesthesia. Please consult qualified a Urologist or Surgeon for evaluation and surgery.This will solve your problem for forever.
Hope I have answered your query.Let me know if you have any more questions