Feeling something stuck in throat with slight discomfort. Is it due to acid reflux or smoking?

For past 5 years i am feeling like something stucK up inside my UPPER PART OF NECK - THROAT.
i CONSUTLED MORE THAN 6 TO 10 ENT DOCTERS.They diagonised me it's because of Acid-Reflux,Acute Pharyngitis and Smoking(I am a light smoker for past 8 years).If i feel hungry i feel pain/discomfort in UPPER PART OF NECK - THROAT.After i taken food it diSapperars or in that time i will sallow saliva/drink water.Sometime i feel the pain and sometime not.
I am very much worried ,what is the problem.
Posted Tue, 29 Jan 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 2 hours later
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Do not worry.
Symptoms for 5 years without other significant developments means it is not serious!

Post-nasal discharge or Allergy is the first possibility – but should have been suspected and evaluated by so many specialists...

If it is acid / reflux, you should have an upper GI Endoscopy, by a Gastro-enterologist.
Pro-kinetic agents like domperidone and Proton Pump Inhibitors like Omeperazole should help.
Delaying sleep for a few hours after meals / Sleeping with head elevated help.

Sometimes it could have Psychological base – ‘Globus Hystericus’
Counselling may help

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck