Feeling something stuck in throat, cough and breathing problem. Prescribed Escitalopram. Help?

General Surgeon
My name is XXXXXXX . the last couple of weeks I am short of breath and I feel like there is something stuck in my throat and I can't cough it out. I had a bad night last night because I could sleep and i was waking every 10 min because I wasn't feeling comfortable breathing in any position. Its probably worth mentioning that the beginning of this year I was told from a couple of specialists that I have panic attacks. I still don't believe its all stress related. I think maybe something is wrong with me. I mean physically . Isn't panic attack something that comes(with all the symptoms) and goes not being short of breath almost all the time? I don't know what to do . I got prescribed Escitalopram but I haven't started them yet. What if I don't need antidepressants . I am willing to try and see if they will help but can they affect me bad if I am taking them and I don't need them. I am so confused ?!
I need help pls!
Posted Mon, 10 Jun 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 1 hour later
It is very rare for a foreign body to get stucked in the throat for few weeks and not causing serious problems.
In case of infection and associated inflammation of the throat,there will be same feeling of something stuck .
Please take a good antibiotic like Azithromycin and anti inflammatory drug.Add Rabeprazole also.
But,you should take the note of specialists who diagnosed panic attacks.
For correct diagnosis,you should go for Upper GI endoscopy and Bronchoscopy for any possible lesion which is causing your problems.
But,please try above drugs initially.
If there is no response,get above tests.
If you come back with above test results,i will clarify further
Wish you good health