Feeling some kind hard stuff inside breast. Can it lead to breast cancer?

Oncologist, Surgical
Question
in my breast im feeling some kind hard stuff inside.i want to know it can lead to breast cancer?
Posted Sun, 4 Aug 2013 in Breast Cancer

Answered by Dr. Rohan Khandelwal 27 minutes later
Dear Ma'am,

Sorry to hear about your problem. If you are feeling a lump in your breast, you should visit a breast surgeon and have it evaluated. Although it is uncommon to get cancer at your age but it is always better to rule it out by examination and an ultrasound (sonomammogram). Is the lump associated with pain and do you have any family history of cancer? Pain along with the lump is a sign of a benign problem. Family history of cancer can lead to breast cancer at an early age.

It is advisable that you fix an appointment with a breast surgeon and have this lump evaluated.

Hoping for the best. Please feel free to clarify any other query.

Dr. Rohan Khandelwal
Breast Surgeon
WWW.WWWW.WW

Follow-up: Feeling some kind hard stuff inside breast. Can it lead to breast cancer? 9 minutes later
Thanks for replying.In my family no one has any cancer problem.I found this lump almost 2 years back,But yesterday it was paining so i was scared.Can you tell me where i can find a doctor in bangalore who do test...maybe near indiranagar.

Answered by Dr. Rohan Khandelwal 4 minutes later
Dear Ma'am,

If the lump is persisting for more than 2 years and is painful, then it is most likely to be benign but it is still best to get it investigated. I am working in a dedicated breast unit at XXXXXXX Hrudalaya, Mazumdar XXXXXXX Cancer Center, Bangalore. You can book an appointment with Dr. XXXXXXX Pais, who is the head of the unit. You can contact me if you want an appointment.

Dr. Rohan Khandelwal
Breast Surgeon
+91-0000
WWW.WWWW.WW

Follow-up: Feeling some kind hard stuff inside breast. Can it lead to breast cancer? 3 minutes later
Hello Doctor,
Do you know any lady Doctor.

Answered by Dr. Rohan Khandelwal 1 minute later
Dear Ma'am,

There are two lady doctors in our unit as well, who are just Breast Surgeons. Dr. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX and Dr. Poovamma. You can fix up an appointment with either one of them. Kindly let me know when you are coming, so that I can help you fix an appointment with them.

Hoping for the best.

Follow-up: Feeling some kind hard stuff inside breast. Can it lead to breast cancer? 15 minutes later
I do not have pain today..... I had stinging pain yesterday..... and I have this lump for almost 3 years actually and it is movable when palpated and I suspect it is benign mass.... but if there is a procedure to get it removed.... kindly do tell me what would the cost be and will the procedure be covered under Bajaj Alliance Insurance..... so that I can be prepared beforehand with details.

Also please let me know the address..... of the hospital Dr. Khandelwal and also if you could give contact number it would be helpful

Answered by Dr. Rohan Khandelwal 19 minutes later
Dear Ma'am,

Bajaj Insurance is covered in the hospital and the procedure cost for a benign lump removal is around 20 to 22 thousand, but before that we need to confirm whether it is benign or not by examination and an Ultrasound.

Department of Onco-plastic Breast Surgery
Mazumdar XXXXXXX Cancer Center, XXXXXXX Hrudalaya Health City
258/A Bommasandra Industrial Area,

+91-0000

Our OPD timings are from 9-5 PM daily.