Feeling slight pressure behind ear and jaw. Having healthy anxiety. Worried?

ENT Specialist
I have sinus/ allergies it seems like the older I get the worse it get. I also have a bit of health anxiety, My question is about a slight dull pressure behind my ear, and jaw. it doesn't seem like my glands are swollen, or really pain but I still can feel a slight pressure in that area. I do not have a stuffy noes, but feel like my ear is slightly pluged up. I had tubes in my ears twice when I was a kid, and this has been going on for about a month, I think it has to do with a high pollen count were I live, as I have had this occasionally for over 2 years mostly in the spring, however like I said I do have health anxity so I seem to dwell on this and I think make it work. Its more of a worry than a pain.
Posted Tue, 25 Jun 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Abhishek Sharma 1 hour later

It seems you have a allergic disease.
First of all get ENT consultation and get checked for asthma during the pollen season as nasal allergic disease may lead to asthma.

For sinus disease--
You may need to get done
Examination of nose
CT scan of nose and paranasal sinuses
----- to rule out any anatomic abnormality (anatomic abnormality increase and may even lead to allergic disease ) and any mucosal (skin of nose and sinuses) edema.

Plugged sensation in Ears can be because of many disease for eg.---
1. wax in ears
2. nasal disease
3. reflux disease ie Acidity or heart burn for long time.
To rule out you need
ENT consultation --to get ear examined
Pure tone audiometry (Hearing test)
Impedance audiometry (test to know the disease in middle part of ear)

So get ENT consultation and discuss with your doctor
If in doubt do reply.
get well soon