Feeling slight discomfort in genitals. Noticed blood in urine. What's wrong?

doctors dont know whats wrong with my testiclesfor the past several months I have been dealing with a slight discomfort in my genitals. fearing that I contracted an s.t.I. I went and got checked out and came out negative. I decided I'd see a urologist as soon as I was able to. before I was able to I began urinating a little bit of blood before any urine came out. worried, I went to the hospital e.r. I received a prostate exam which came out normal. I was given an ultra sound of my testicles which came back normal and gave a urine sample which has shown no sign of bacteria. I still get discomfort toward that back of my testicles near the glands. my ultra sound did show a little bit of calcium build up in the back. as of recently, something weird that has been happening is when I I ejaculate it is a massive amount of liquid but it is mixed with blood. I am very worried yet doctors do not know what is wrong with me
Posted Wed, 25 Jul 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 6 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
If your tests are normal, then its unlikely that you have a sexually transmitted infection. STI's will usually cause some amount of swelling,ulceration and pain or discharge. Also, they can be detected using different tests like PCR on urine samples and urethral samples. Given your condition, I would suggest that the next step forward is a urethroscopy which can look for a local problem in the urethra.
If this is negative, then we can follow up with a cystoscopy.
Having blood in your urine and ejaculate is definitely not normal and needs to be evaluated.
Hope this helps
Let me know if I can address any more concerns