Feeling slight chest congestion, fever, body pain and slight cough. What treatment should be done?

slight chest congestion.. feverish.. body pain ..slight cough ..
Posted Sun, 2 Sep 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 34 minutes later

Thanks for writing in.

It seems that you might be having viral infection giving rise to this problem.

Wait for 3-4 days and take cough suppressant and paracetamol for fever and cough. If there is no improvement, then go for CBC (complete blood check up) for bacterial infection. Then you may require antibiotic medicine course. Consult your doctor for antibiotic treatment if required.

Hop, I answered your query. If you have further query or clarification, please ask. I will be happy to help.

Wish you good health.