Feeling sleepy after taking lisinopril. Can I stop the medication?

Been taking lisinopril for 4 days all I do is sleep 13 hours this time.Can I stop this medication till I see my doctor
Posted Fri, 15 Nov 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No. Not advisable.

Detailed Answer:
Hi Mr. XXXX,

Thank you very much indeed for posting this query.

The straightforward answer to your question would be. NO, it is not advisable to stop this medicine even for a short duration till you see your doctor again.

I do not have the information about how was your blood pressure before starting this medication, so I will have to assume, reasonably though, that it was high enough that you required a medicine. In such instances, stopping the medicines even for a few days can cause a sudden increase in the blood pressure which can be quite XXXXXXX hence my advice not to stop the medicine.

Please bear with the side effects till you consult your doctor again and ask for a change of medication. You may do this as early as possible.

I sincerely hope I have addressed your concern adequately, you are most welcome to ask me if you have any doubts or further questions.

Warm regards,