Feeling sick while eating, have no energy and foul taste in mouth. On paleo diet. Not had periods since long time. Suggest the treatment?

Dentist
Question
i have been feeling sick when i eat food for the last few days, have no energy and foul taste in my mouth. i have been following a strict paleo diet and train weights hard six days a wk. I also have not had my period for 4 months. i ate a little more this morn but now thought of food makes me feel ill. I am never unwell and definately not pregnant.
Posted Wed, 30 Oct 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Qazi Ammara 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
a complete checkup is required .

Detailed Answer:
Hello there,

Welcome to Healthcaremagic!

There are various reasons for delayed periods few are pregnancy, stress, illness, being overweight, anorexia, excessive exercise, fatigue, use of birth control pills.
As you have mentioned pregnancy is not the cause for the delay you can consult your OBGYN for investigating the other medical causes.

You are feeling unwell due to low food intake i would suggest you to take a complete balanced diet, eat something which you like the most, consume juices, fruits and drink plenty of water and keep yourself hydrated.

Foul breath is usually associated with poor oral hygiene, improper brushing, prolonged use of certain medications, respiratory causes, GIT disturbances. I would suggest you to;
-Brush your teeth twice daily and clean the tongue with a soft bristle toothbrush
or a tongue scraper.
-Use antiseptic mouthwash gargles twice daily.
-Clean your mouth for every meal get a routine dental checkup done in every
six months.
-Get your blood sugar levels checked and get a complete physical examination
done by a PHYSICIAN to rule out the other causes.

Hope you find this as informative and helpful,

If you have any further queries feel free to ask,

Take care!
Dr Qazi Ammara.