Feeling sick, cold hands, stomach pain, dizziness. Is 300mg of Pregabalin twice a day too much?

I am wondering if it is possible that 300 mg of pregabalin in the morning and night is to much,
I feel sick, cold in my hands, stomach pains, dizzy and general unwell. Please help I feel I am going mad!
Posted Sun, 9 Sep 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan 23 minutes later

Thanks for writing in.

May I know the reason why you are on pregabalin? Is it for neuropathic pain /epilepsy/ fibromyalgia. If you are on pregabalin for epilepsy or neuropathic pain, your dosage is within normal limits ; 600mg /day. However, it is at the maximum permissible limit and dosage should not be increased any further.

The symptoms of feeling dizzy and unwell might be due to the side effects of pregabalin. Please talk to your treating physician regarding reduction in the dosage/ stopping drug/ other alternative medication.

If you are otherwise healthy, I would advise you to sign up for yoga class. Yoga has many health benefits. If your problem is due to fibromyalgia/ neuropathic pain, I'm sure yoga will definitely be helpful for you.

I hope I have answered your queries .I will be happy to answer any further queries you might have.

In case you don't have any further queries, please accept my answer. Any reviews are welcome.

Dr.Divya Kuttikrishnan

Follow-up: Feeling sick, cold hands, stomach pain, dizziness. Is 300mg of Pregabalin twice a day too much? 34 minutes later
It is for treating Fibromaygia, I believe it may of been highied way to much too soon if that makes sense, Sorry for spelling my other meds are kicking in. They are Tramadol 50mg two tablets when needed (taken this morning)
Paracetamol 500mg taken this morning
Cetirizine 10 mg
Mebevering taken this morning.
Evo inhaler Ventolin
and Duloxtine
Answered by Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan 10 hours later
Hi there,

Thanks for writing back.

From the list of medicines, I can see that you have multiple problems probably irritable bowel syndrome and depression.

I feel the one solution to all your problems is yoga and relaxation classes. It takes a while for yoga to show positive results, but , with determination and continued dedication, if you do yoga regularly,you will see results.

I genuinely hope you feel better soon.

Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan