Feeling sick and pain in belly. Getting headache. Suggest the remedy?

my son is 19 he hascome hoe from work feeling sick with pain in his belly and his bum he also gets headache and gets warm. his girlfriend says it has been gong on like this for 3-4 months now.
Posted Sun, 10 Nov 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
May not be meningitis.Needs further evaluation

Detailed Answer:
Hi thanks for using XXXXXXX

Since he is suffering from 3 months he needs to be further evaluation. There are many cause that may present with these symptoms. So I like to exclude different possibilities based on the presentation and investigations where ever required.

1. Head ache and getting warm (fever) may be due to any infection in the body. Need not to be from meningitis.
Meningitis usually associate with irritability, vomiting, seizures, neck rigidity, high grade fever and other neurological signs and symptoms. So only head ache and getting warm may not be meningitis.

2. Fever and head ache with pain abdomen and in bums for 3-4 months may be due to immunodeficiency or any chronic infection. Since the symptoms are chronic and not related each other they may be due to multiple reasons also. Hence needs further evaluation using general physical examination by your board certified physician and may require few investigations like USG abdomen and pelvis, complete haemogram, WIDAL, HIV, HBsAg and urine routine.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. Feel free to ask if any related query and I will be glad to answer them.
Wish you a very happy life and good health.