Feeling sick and jittery after taking Ativan. How soon would it be safe to go back on Xanax?

I take xanax .25 3 times per day. i took 1 pill diflucan 150 mg. 10 days ago. there was a drug interaction with the xanax and diflucan so my doctor put me on .25 ativan temporarily. I feel sick and jittery on ativan. I took a half of a .25 of ativan 5 hours ago how soon would it be safe to go back on xanax .25 without it interracting with xanax and do you think the diflucan is out of my system at 10 days? I feel jittery and nauseous on ativan i am afraid to take the xanax but feel very anxious
Posted Thu, 27 Sep 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
A single dose of diflucan takes around 6 days to go out of your system.
To restart with Xanax, you should give at least 24 hours gap after taking the last dose of Ativan.
To relieve your anxiety, you can avoid caffeine and alcohol and do some mind and body relaxing exercises like Yoga. Listening to light instrumental music will also be helpful in reducing your jitteriness.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Feeling sick and jittery after taking Ativan. How soon would it be safe to go back on Xanax? 1 hour later
thankyou could i take the xanax sooner if the dosage of ativan was so small? and it has been 8 hours? a sall dose of xanax .25
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
Although a small dose will produce a lesser effect but the time taken for excretion will be the same. You should wait for at least 16 hours after the last dose of Ativan to avoid any drug interactions.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.