Feeling sick. Having bright red face, red and hurting eye, headache and mild fever. Any solution?

Hi there... I'm feeling sick at the moment. My face is bright red and hot, but I don't have a fever. My legs are hot but it's very cool in my house. My Eyes are red and they hurt. I feel tired and just want my eyes closed because they hurt. I had a slight fever this morning and yesterday. I took Advil and I felt better. I also have a headache. I don't have any congestion or cold.
Posted Fri, 3 Aug 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
I think what you are currently experiencing is a viral infection. This can lead to feeling hot and fatigued. The following things should make you feel better:
a. Take tablet acetaminophen 500 mg as and when required ( upto 4 times daily). This needs to be taken with food. This will relieve the chilly feeling and fatigue.
b. Take a hot water shower and drink plenty of warm fluids.
c. Eat small, home cooked meals at regular intervals. Also, drink atleast 2-3 litres of lukewarm water in a day. This should help take care of the hot feeling.
d. Simply rest for 1-2 days and you should be good.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.