Feeling sharp pulsating pain in head behind the ear. Reason for pain?

Excellent

Question
I am feeling sharp pulseting pain in my head behind left ear. i am feeling this pain since last few days.
Can you please let me know the reason for such pain?
Posted Wed, 14 Aug 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later

My question to you is how often you have such pain.

If this pain has never been before, then it may be due to non-specific causes. Ear infection need to be considered if any other symptom such as ear pain, ear discharge, hearing impairment, nasal congestion, sore throat or fever develops in association to this pain.

However, if you get this pain frequently, then perhaps one of the chronic headache - migraine or tension headache could be the cause. You will need to be assessed and started on preventive medications accordingly.
Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Follow-up: Feeling sharp pulsating pain in head behind the ear. Reason for pain? 15 minutes later
Hi Doctor,
Thank you for your response.

I am feeling this pain almost in every hour. I am also having sore throat along with this pain.

Let me know if this something serious or any precautions need to taken for this problem.

Shekhar

Answered by Dr. Prasad 21 minutes later
Dear XXXXXXX

Since you report this pain is the first time occurrence and you also have sore throat, then perhaps the pain is related to ear pathology. A detailed examination of ear will give us valuable clues to determine the cause. You can consult an ENT surgeon to learn further.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you need clarification.

Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later
You will see a close discussion button after my reply. Use it to close the discussion.

Thanks anyway for your feed back.

Best Regards