Feeling sharp pinching pain behind shoulder blade, heart and arm. Medical cure for this?

Nov 2013

i feel a sharp pinching like pain behind my left shouder blade, right behind my heart. I can just be sitting still and i feel the sharp pain. Seems like a the pain rolls into place, cant quite explain it. Its like making a fist tight and letting it go real quik. Feels like pulses sometimes. Sometimes when I turn my neck to the left or right I feel a pain in the same area but not sharp then pain radiating down my arm stoping at my elbows which i notice are achy as well. Sometimes I cant tell if I feel pulses deeper in like in the middle of my body, not my chest but not my back
Posted Mon, 18 Mar 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 3 hours later

Thank you for posting your query.

First of all, I would like to reassure you that your symptoms do not suggest any serious disease.

The most likely cause could be a pinched nerve at the back. This often happens because of bulging of disc (soft tissue between the vertebral bones of spine). This results in pain in the back, and the pain may radiate along the pinched nerve's route.

In addition, there is mild stiffness or spasm of muscles at the back, which also causes pain.

Diagnosis can be confirmed by MRI of the spine.

Initial treatment consists of medications such as pregabalin or gabapentin. In addition, physical therapy is also helpful. This consists of local treatment to relieve pain such as IFT and ultrasound, and neck/back extension exercises.

I hope it helps. Please get back if you have any more queries.

Wishing you good health,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Follow-up: Feeling sharp pinching pain behind shoulder blade, heart and arm. Medical cure for this? 13 hours later
How can i obtain these medication (medications such as pregabalin or gabapentin). I do not have a doctor that is why i referred to HealthCare Magic. Would this be available for online purchase?
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 10 minutes later

Thank you for getting back.

Pregabalin and gabapentin are generally prescription medicines. However, you can check the details on online pharmacy regarding how to get them.

As of now, you can start with physical therapy as I mentioned above. If you do not get better, you may use the medications.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)