Feeling sharp pain near breast at the highest point of breathing and have bruising after a car accident. Suggest

Was In a car accident. Serious bruising and contusions from the airbag and seatbelt. Above breast and under arm following where the seatbelt had moved to and locked appeared a deep indent now the area burns and the indent has slightly lessened. Have significant bruising on breast. I also have pain in my ribs under breast. ER said nothing is broken but when i cough, inhale deeply etc i feel a sharp pain at the highest point of breathing. Thoughts?
Posted Thu, 19 Dec 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Satyadeo Choubey 9 minutes later
Brief Answer: Can go for a CT scan thorax... Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. Sorry to hear about your accident. Chest trauma may lead to laceration of some underlying structure. Catching of inspiration at its height may be due to musculoskeletal injury or parietal pleural injury. I think you must go for CT scan thorax to have a detailed picture of external as well internal injury (lung laceration, pneumothorax etc). If radiological imaging is OK, only thing to do will be adequate amalgesi ( Pain relief) and avoidance of infection at the injury sites.... Best wishes
Follow-up: Feeling sharp pain near breast at the highest point of breathing and have bruising after a car accident. Suggest 7 minutes later
Why would there be an indent in the tissue above my breast? It is exactly where the seatbelt was. It started as an indent, now it is burning when i touch it. The burning is getting to me. Is that a strain or a tear in some type of tissue? Can it resolve itself?
Answered by Dr. Satyadeo Choubey 12 minutes later
Brief Answer: It may be due to post injury inflammation Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for follow up... Indent can be due to the impact of seat belt as you are saying. Burning can be due to inflammation of the tissue after its injury. It can be decreased by analgesics like paracetamol or ibuprofen which you must have been prescribed. If ER says that there is no fracture, then its simple soft tissue injury. It will heal by itself. Be sure that it doesn't get infected... Best wishes