Feeling sharp pain in ribs and waist while sitting down. Facing urine problem and constipation. Is it serious?

Well, I consider myself relatively fit, but whenever I try to sit down as straight as possible for 20 mins or more, I feel a slow, gradually sharpening pain, usually in the left-hand side of my ribs and waist area...Whenever I try to adjust, it feels no better, but when I slouch, it seems to go away...But there are other occasional problems I face--urination doesn't happen instantly anymore, and gets a little painful during the wait, and constipation also occurs from time to time...Is it anything serious?
Posted Sat, 13 Oct 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 2 hours later

Welcome and thanks for writing to us

The pain you described seems to be a muscular pain.Other cause can be calcium deficiency as you are having pain in the waist area.Acidity can also cause pain on left side below ribs.Constipation and gastric problems resolve with diet having less spices and more of water and milk along with fibre , fresh fruits and XXXXXX leafy vegetables.
I don't think there is any serious thing but you should get a physician checkup done whenever possible.Get an ultrasound done to see any renal stone.
You can do hot fomentation and apply analgesic ointment.
Any further query is most welcome.
Best wishes.