Feeling sharp pain around shoulder blade while breathing or coughing. Symptoms of heart attack?

Last night I felt sharp pain around my left shoulder blade when I breathing and it last ed for a while. It has since got better but I can still feel it when I breathe in really hard or cough. Is this a symptom of a heart attack. My email address is YYYY@YYYY
Posted Fri, 1 Mar 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 1 hour later
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

Symptoms of a heart attack are (1)chest pain :usually central,
tight or heavy or pressing sensation
may extend to the left of the chest
severe and constant
(2) feeling of impending doom or extreme anxiety
(3) shortness of breath
(4) palpitations- feeling your heart beat fast or in an abnormal rhythm
(5) excess sweating and nausea
(6) lighthead sensation due to the heart not pumping enough blood to the brain

Though symptoms may vary slightly from person to person or in women, these are generally what is experienced.

Chest pain which occurs on taking a XXXXXXX breath or coughing is usually related to inflammation of the pleura. The pleura is the lining of the lung.
It can become inflamed under a number of different circumstances such as autoimmune diseases, as a result of medication.
If your cough is secondary to an infection, it is likely that the inflammation is as a result of this.
It is normally treated with a short course of anti inflammatory drugs such as ibuprofen/cataflam/voltaren/celebrex.

You may consider visiting your doctor for an assessment and prescription. IF you should experience any of the symptoms related to a heart attack, it would be best to go to a doctor as soon as possible.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions