Feeling severe pain while passing urine in the clitoris and burning sensation near vagina. What's wrong?

Question
I am XXXXXX & from past 2-3 days i feel severe pain while passing urine in the clitoris & burning sensation near vagina.
I think some rash has also occured :( which is paining a lot.

XXXXXX
Posted Sat, 20 Oct 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 2 hours later
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your question.

The most likely explanations for burning with urination, burning in the vagina, and a vaginal / vulvar rash include:

1. A bladder infection
2. A vaginal yeast infection
3. A vaginal infections called BV, or bacterial vaginosis

#2 you can treat over the counter. This you might try, and if in 1-2 days your symptoms are not improving, then see your doctor to evaluate for #1 or #3. In those cases you will been a prescription.

I hope this helps. Please let me know!! - DR XXXXXXX

Follow-up: Feeling severe pain while passing urine in the clitoris and burning sensation near vagina. What's wrong? 35 hours later
How come this infection occurred as I am very specific & careful about my personal Hygiene & how come this can be treated.

Please tell me how I can get rid of this pain.

Many thanks for your suggestion

XXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 2 days later
Hi XXXXXX,

Thanks for writing back and I am sorry for the delay in my response.

If it is a vaginal yeast infection, then you may consider using Clotrimazole ointment locally twice daily for the next few days. This is available over the counter.

If it is a bladder infection or bacterial vaginosis, you will need effective urinary antibiotics like Fluoroquinolones (ciprofloxacin) and Metronidazole. These are prescription drugs. You need to get them prescribed by your doctor.

It would be ideal to consult your Primary care physician and go ahead accordingly.

Get well soon.

Follow-up: Feeling severe pain while passing urine in the clitoris and burning sensation near vagina. What's wrong? 9 minutes later
Thanks so much!

Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 11 hours later
Thank you so much as well. Please let me know if you have more questions. Please leave feedback!