Feeling severe pain in lower leg while walking even small distance. Suggest?

I am feeling severe pain in my lower leg while walking even small distance, please suggest.
Posted Sat, 17 Aug 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 10 hours later

Pain in the knees at your age is very unusual and could be either due to low calcium levels in the blood or due to an inflammatory cause.

I suggest you to get a serum calcium level estimated and also get tests like ESR(erythrocyte sedimentation rate) and CRP(C-reactive protein) to identify the exact cause for the knee pain.

Meanwhile do apply painkiller gels like DICLOFENAC gel to get some relief from the pain.

Hope, I answered your query.