Feeling semi-conscious, vision problems, loss of balance. Stroke symptoms?

I have been feeling semi-concious for 3 months. I went to a hospital in Oct. and they said I have not had a stroke but I believe I have. My vision is also getting worse (real bad) and I lose my balance a lot though I don;t get dizzy. I can't focus on anything in motion. Other problems also
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Stroke
Answered by Dr. Geeta Sundar 4 hours later
There are several causes of the symptoms that you are currently experiencing:
You seem to be suffering from vertigo which can arise both when there is a problem in the inner ear and there is a problem in the central nervous system ( including the brain and spinal cord)
Possible causes include:
•     Labyrinthitis: An inner ear infection causes the labyrinth ( a structure in the inner ear) to become inflamed
•     Vestibular neuronitis: This refers to inflammation of the vestibular nerve which is responsible for maintaining balance
•     Menier’s disease: Patients typically also complain of a ringing sound in the ear and hearing loss
•     Migraine: Patients may have headache, visual disturbances amongst others.
•     Cervical spondylitis
I would suggest the following:
•     Do some steam inhalation
•     Use a heating pad for your neck
•     Avoid straining your neck excessively
I would suggest that you get yourself examined by a prescribe appropriate therapy.
I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries.