Feeling restless. What causes jittery feelings in legs?

What causes jittery feelings in my legs? I seem to get these restless feelings all the time at the moment.
Posted Mon, 11 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 4 days later
Dear Sir,

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Jittering legs can be a feature of restless leg syndrome . It is a neurological disorder in which the affected person has an irresistible urge to move one's body to stop uncomfortable or odd sensations . It most commonly affects the legs although other body parts can also be involved . Patient describes the feeling as very odd , pins and needles, jittery odd feelings . There is no diagnostic test for this .

Other cause of jittery legs is iron deficiency. I advise you to see a physician and get yourself evaluated for this.

Hope this helps you .

Dr. Shruti